What is it?
A type of malicious software designed to block access to a computer system until a sum of money is paid.
Example of Ransomware software.
1. WannaCryptor, WannaCry, WanaCry, WCry
What to do if PC/Laptop is infected by Ransomware?
1. Chances of recovering any data such as video, music, documents, pictures are rather slim when your PC/Laptop is infected by ransomware.
2. Best chances are reinstall Windows and restore your data from backup that has been set.
How to Prevent Ransomware?
1. Do not open email attachments from unfamiliar or untrustworthy sources.
2. If possible, temporarily refrain from sending attachments
3. Immediately report any suspicious communications or activity to corporate information security departments
4. Ensure that computers and mobile devices are running the latest available operating system and have the latest security patches installed. Update security software on your devices, especially before remotely accessing corporate networks